Have you seen Bowdabra’s newest product? We are so proud of the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler. The Hair Bow Tool and Ruler fits over the Mini Bowdabra and allows you to measure your hair bow loops evenly. The ruler comes with an interactive CD with step-by-step instructions on how to make 70 different hair bows. In addition, to the all the informative hair bow making resources you receive when you purchase the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler, Bowdabra’s Design Team will also be providing frequent hair bow tutorials.
Today, our Featured Hair Bow Tutorial is an Easter Bunny Hair Bow!
To make the hair bow you will need:
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 3/8 white grosgrain
- Pink Gingham Ribbon
- Hair Bow Hardware (we used a double prong alligator clip)
- Glue Gun or Glue Dots
- Lighter to seal ribbon or Clear Nail Polish
- Pink Rhinestone & 2 Pearls
- Floral Pearl Stamens
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra (inches side up). Next, cut a piece of 18″ Bowdabra Bow Wire, place the wire inside of the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Using 3/8″ white grosgrain and pink gingham place them on top of each other. Insert the ends into the Mini Bowdabra. Form your first bunny ear by making a loop at the 2.5″ mark, then bring the ribbon back through the towers inserting it with the pink gingham on top.
3. Then make a very small loop on the other side with the pink gingham facing up. Form your next bunny ear at the 2.5″ mark. Bring the ribbon back to the other side and trim away, only the pink gingham.
4. Now that the pink gingham is trimmed away your are left with only the white grosgrain, the white will be used for the bunny’s body and head. Loop the bottom at the 2.25″ mark and bring it back through to the top, make a loop at the 1.5″ mark, make a final loop at the 1.5″ mark, and then cut the ribbon from the spool leaving a small little tail about .5″ inches.
5. Now that the bow is made place the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop that you formed when you folded it in half.
6. Next, pull the Bowdabra Bow wire tightly.
7. Lift the bunny bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring the wire around to the back of the bow and tie it tightly.
8. Trim the little loops that are in the back, close to the wire so that the bow doesn’t stick up too far from the clip when it is attached.
9. Attach the bunny to a lined alligator clip using the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Add finishing ribbon around the Bowdabra Bow Wire to cover it. To form the face glue or glue dot the white top loop along the sides. Fold the small .5″ tail over some floral pearl stamens for whiskers. Attach a nose and eyes. We used a pink rhinestone for the nose and little pearls with black paint for the eyes. Additional questions about finishing hair bows can be found in the Interactive CD that accompanies the Hair Bow Tool and Ruler.
10. The Easter Bunny Hair Bow is now ready to be worn.